Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine's Day Is So Much Fun!

Maybe this is too much information about myself, BUT... Growing up our Family had a little Valentine's Day song that goes a little something like... "Valentine's Day is so much fun. Sending cards to everyone. Big red hearts, so bright and gay, I love you, I LOVE you, that's what they say!". This is the tune my Mom woke us up with each Valentine's morning and once our eyes finished blurring we would find our Sees Chocolate candy Valentine's boxes, complete with a chocolate marshmallow, left for us by our dearest Valentine of all, our Dad.

Here are the current front runners for Valentine's my little guy Jackson might take to school with him. However... Before we start... Let it be known that I am no great photographer. I also lack graphic design skills. And finally, I nearly pulled my hair out trying to get these three "prototypes" made and photographed while my kids pulled every single naughty trick in the book. With that being said...

I spotted these Valentine's when I google searched "ice cream cone candy". So stinkin' cute! But in keeping with the tradition of the day, I thought it isn't really completed without a catchy heart felt phrase. I give you...

You Make Me Melt!


Then, as we were browsing through Wal-Mart one day, I came across these mini water painting sets. Everything mini is adorable, as far as I'm concerned. And in this case, a cute alternative to candy. I give you...

Our Friendship is a MasterPiece!

Last, but not least...
You PUSH my buttons and make my heart POP!



So there are our homemade Valentine options for this year. I'm leaning toward the Push Pop Cupcakes. With a different label for his teachers that reads, "Thank you for PUSHING me to learn." Whadda think?

I'm in full fledged planning mode for my Daughter's 2nd birthday on April 1st. I wrote last year that I thought I might do a Sock Hop this year. If only I knew then how wildly opinionated she would be at the tender age of 2...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Kate

4 comments:

  1. Love this lots! And you just gave me a 60 second reprieve from work which is even more lovable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much cuteness, I love it all! Even that catchy little tune your mom used to sing to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks! Be careful... sing it once and it's stuck in your head all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your work. Great so much cuteness. You should visit 3rd edition of our cliche-free Valentine’s Day party “Gods & Goddesses” Ball! It was so cool event. Trendy Lime is a social network for trendsetters and world travelers that started in San Francisco, California in 2009 and has become a global movement in 3 continents with chapters in San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Vienna, and Barcelona. Social & Networking events by Trendy Lime blend Fashion, Travel, Music, Technology, Photography and feature innovative businesses, as well as good cause initiatives.

    ReplyDelete